Punakha Dzong Web.jpg

PUNAKHA (1,300m / 4,265 ft)

Punakha Dzong

Built strategically at the junction of Pho Chhu and Mo Chhu rivers in 1637 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal to serve as the religious and administrative center of the region, Punakha Dzong has played an important role in Bhutan’s history. Damaged by four catastrophic fires and an earthquake, the Dzong has been fully restored at present.

© 2013 REN Tours, Treks & Expeditions Pvt. Ltd. Design & Develop by AllHereIndia. DrukAir

↑ Back To Top ↑